Limington is a town in York County,
incorporated on February 9, 1792 from Ossipee Plantation. In 1870 it
ceded some land to the town of Limerick. The first permanent settler
arrived in 1773. Limington was probably named for the English town
in Somersetshire, the home county of Fernando Gorges. The town's
eastern boundary is the Saco River, into which the Little Ossipee
River flows after it passes through the village of East Limington.
Maine Routes 11, 25 and 117 crisscross the town, which is about 15
miles northwest of Gorham.
Population Density: 81
Average Property Value: $184,900
Area: 44.1 sq miles